27 Jun Fourth of July Safety Tips
From boating adventures to sizzling cookouts and exciting firework shows, we’ve all got plans to enjoy and celebrate this Independence Day. No matter how you celebrate, prioritize your safety by familiarizing yourself with these essential Fourth of July tips.
It’s not Independence Day without the char-tasting food from the grill. If you’re on grill duty, keep these safety tips in mind:
- Never leave your grill unattended
- Keep children away from the grilling area
- Remove grease and other buildups before grilling to avoid a fire
- Ensure the grill is away from buildings, railings, hanging branches, and vegetation to avoid fire
If your event is a swimming party, ensure you do the following:
- Keep an eye on all individuals swimming
- Teach your children essential water safety tips
- Ensure all drains, pipes, and other openings are out of reach for small children
- Have easy-to-access floatation devices ready for emergencies
Fireworks are often the main event but can also be the main source of risk. Please consider the following:
- Read caution labels on fireworks
- Obey your local laws
- Wear safety protection when lighting fireworks
- Have water ready in case of a fire
- Supervise children near fireworks and sparklers
Utilizing these Fourth of July safety tips can make all the difference to ensure your celebration is one for the books.
We can help walk you through all these safety tips to ensure you are risk-free.
To find out more, contact one of our talented Risk Advisors today!