Feb 14 Lunch & Learn: Privacy in the Workplace
Key Learning Points:
- The use of company email systems and whether the company can monitor the same
- Employee use of social media in and outside the workplace
- Employer’s rights to search employee desks, briefcases, purses, etc.
- Whether employers may take action against employees based on outside work conduct
- Employee First Amendment – free speech rights
- Thorny issues related to religion in the workplace
Scott R. Leah, Esq.
Tucker Arensberg, P.C.
Scott has been practicing law for 24 years and is a shareholder in the Pittsburgh based law firm Tucker Arensberg, P.C., with whom he has been affiliated for 13 years. Scott primarily represents small and mid-sized business and assists them with the variety of legal issues that they face, including employment law issues, such as wage and hour, Family and Medical Leave, unemployment compensation, discipline and discharge, employment policies, employment agreements and contracts, non-competition and confidentiality agreements, corporate governance issues, disputes with customers, vendors and suppliers, collection actions to recover money due from customers, drafting, review and negotiations of contracts and leases, assistance with mergers and acquisitions, etc.
Wednesday, February 22, 2017 11:30 am to 1:30 pm
(Complimentary Lunch served at 11:30 am, meeting begins at noon)
Gilbert’s Risk Solutions
30 East State Street
3rd Floor Conference Room
Sharon, PA 16146
Please RSVP via email/phone.
Tiffany Husk Office Coordinator
Phone: (724) 704-7053
Fax: (724) 342-5372